Please note there was an error in a previous post for the PTA email address – the correct email is:
Who are the PTA?
Some parents are setting up a steering group at the moment so that we can start a PTA in September (we don’t have one at the moment). So
now is a great time to get involved.
Briefly these are some of the main things we’d like to do:
• Raise money for something specific we agree for the school. This might be a piece of play equipment, garden or play area
upgrades, or anything else we agree on.
• Contribute to the school community. We would hold social events for parents and/or kids that would also raise money. Getting to know other parents and teachers in an informal way is great for everyone.
• Put together a knowledge base of parents and carers’ skills,languages, and interests; so that we can contribute to the
school in an organised way.
As is usual every parent will be a member of the PTA automatically – and be informed of events via the school. We welcome any involvement, and we will be organizing an AGM in September, so that we can agree our aims, and elect a committee. If you want to be involved you can contribute by:
• Being a committee member – with a title (secretary, etc) or as an ordinary committee member. This means attending meetings a few times a term. Perhaps meetings at varied times may help make this easy for a variety of parents to attend – no need to come to them all.
• Helping out at events.
• Letting us know what your talents are. We’d like to make a ‘knowledge base’ of parents’ skills and interests. If you have a special skill of any kind we’d like to hear from you: this might be your line of work, language, cooking specialities, hobbies,or indeed your own history.
Please do sign up to our email list, or email us on email@example.com to be kept up with news.