Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Introduce group take home toys.
- Sharing fruit & milk times.
- Discuss and agree on class ethos.
- Explore areas of the classroom and outdoor space in key worker groups.
- Exploring feelings – create ‘How do you feel?’ class book. Discovering the things that make us unique.
- End of term conferencing / reflection – what have I enjoyed / what do I want to get better at?
Speaking, Listening and Attention
- Learning routines for circle times.
- Name games.
- Song and rhyme time.
- Setting up role play areas.
- Chat/sharing time in small groups.
- Talking about feelings.
- Encourage eating a variety of foods explaining importance of this. Singing ‘Washing hands’ song.
- Daily gross motor activities (bikes, obstacle equipment etc). Daily fine motor activities, dough or plasticene or clay and construction sets.
- Learning how to store / transport and look after class equipment safely.
- Verbal support to help children dress undress independently. Montessori coat method.
Reading and Writing
- Looking at the stories of Trish Cooke.
- Create individual all about me books.
- Introduce daily 5min phonics at lunch times once all children settled.
- Include notebooks and clip boards in role play and other areas.
- Opportunities to mark-make on a large scale both inside and outside.
- Daily opportunities for counting / counting songs.
- Number and shape hunts.
- Numeral recognition games in group.
- Shapes in art.
- Create tally charts of our favourite foods.
- Shape stories using tic tac boards and then paper.
- Guess how many estimation game in group.
- ‘Wake up song’ / daily opportunities for songs (during circle times) and nursery rhymes (end of day sessions).
- Exploring sound – playing and making instruments / body percussion / voice sounds (linked to Phase One phonics).
- Exploring colour mixing using variety of media – paint, powder paint– linked to Autumn.
- Observing colour in our environment – shades of colour / natural objects.
- Learning about different artists each week.
Understanding of the World
- Exploring powder paint mixing, making dough using senses.
- Planting bulbs
- Learning about Diwali (November 11-15)
- Introduce chn to map of the world – languages we speak and link to map for All About Me display.
- Encourage childrenn and parents to share languages they speak and songs they may know.
Reading: Please ensure your child brings their reading book everyday and you read as often as you can with them.
Assemblies and Shows: Trotwood: A Christmas Sing-a-Long – 5th December